Wednesday, November 29, 2006

What every parent wants

Last night we had some of Rebecca's colleagues over for dinner (5 adults, no children). Elisabeth was thrilled to show them her room and her toys when they arrived. Then she sat at the table with us for dinner, got down to play while we prepared for dessert, and then sat at the table again for dessert. While we were still at the table, she said, "I'm ready for bed." So we went and put her pajamas on, and came back to brush her teeth. Then, with all the guests still seated at the table, she walked into her room (which is adjacent to the living/dining room), climbed in bed, and asked me to turn off the lights. So I came in, closed the door, turned off the lights, and in less than five minutes she was asleep - and I was able to return to our guests.

That has never happened before, but I pray that it happens again! It made having guests so easy!

No comments: