Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Literature

At Kari's suggestion, I want to start a thread on Thanksgiving literature. I got a late start on checking out books at the library, and so the shelves were pretty bare by the time I got there. However. I did find one that I really enjoyed: Thank you, Sarah is a witty look at a woman who made it her business to have Thanksgiving be remembered as a national holiday. In a piece of historical fiction (with humorous literary license) the author gives readers a glimpse of the history of the holiday while driving home the point that individuals who persistently pursue a goal can have a significant impact on a nation's history.

So when the holiday is over and all the library books are back on the shelves, check this one out for next year!

No comments: