Sunday, November 12, 2006

Then we can go in the 3

Yesterday Elisabeth and I went swimming in a pool in a friend's building. It was our first time there (and we were the only swimmers). At each end of the pool was the number 4 on a tile, indicating the depth in feet. I told Elisabeth that we were going to swim to the 4. So we swam to one end, and then back to the 4 on the other end. When it was nearly time to get out, Elisabeth said,

"We'll go to the 4 and then to the 3."
I was a bit puzzled as I couldn't see a 3 anywhere. But knowing that she is more observant than I am, I waited to find out what she was talking about. When we got out of the pool, I saw that there was indeed a 3 tile on the hot tub, indicating its depth. It had been out of view the entire time that we had been in the pool. Apparently Elisabeth had seen and noticed it as we were walking across the pool deck to get into the pool. I wish I was as observant as she is!

No comments: