Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Fathering

To this point, I have reflected on parenting without differentiating much between the role of father and mother. I am aware that there are many gender differences in parenting that distinguish mothering from fathering.

I don't have fully formed ideas yet of what this means, and I have read enough "Christian" articles on the subject to know that I'm after something that is faithful to the Biblical picture of reality - and not merely one cultural manifestation. So I want to reflect on Scripture and experience (without taking my experience as normative) in order to better understand parenting, and particularly, fathering.

I'd welcome your input along the way (particularly from those outside the US) on how God has designed parents to function together as distinct and complementary.

No comments: