Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Humor

On our church retreat, I spent a lot of time laughing. One person had been responsible for preparing the announcements for each session, and he had done a brilliant job of making them funny, enjoyable and memorable. One set was read over a microphone as if by the pilot of a plane while a stewardness in our congregation stood at the front and gave non-verbal directions. For another session, a lawyer read a hilarious disclaimer of responsibility for participating in the weekend. Both had us roaring with laughter.

The laughter got me thinking. It was not irreverent; it was part of our shared life. It made me glad that in the Body of Christ there are times to be serious, and times to be able to laugh at silliness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the kind of thing I would have absolutely loved to hear!

Graham said...

I wish I had had a video camera to be able to record and share it.