Thursday, October 26, 2006

Going to the library well-prepared

Recently I commented to friends how much I appreciate the Caldecott section at our local Barnes & Noble. I love that I can walk to shelf, and pull off book after book of quality literature. I expressed how I wished that our local public library had something similar, as I spend so much time pulling titles off the shelves, reading them, and finding them to be literary garbage.

Kim suggested a brilliant and simple solution: Print out a list of the Caldecott books and bring it with me to the library. So yesterday I did just that. In five minutes I had bagged four Caldecotts and four more titles by Kevin Henkes (in addition to his Caldecott winner). It was by far my most satisfying trip to the library since Elisabeth was born.

No comments: