Friday, October 13, 2006

Bless Belkin

When I travel to my in-laws, I take for granted that I'll be cut off from the rest of the world (which has its benefits . . . ). Although they have an internet connection, their Mac is old enough that Internet Explorer can't read gmail (consistently), and the OS (9.1) is old enough that it won't enable me to download new versions of IE, or Firefox at all. Add to that, my cell phone can't even find a roaming signal.

Well, my brother Gordon changed all that. He gave me a wireless router, and the good folks at Belkin tech support helped me to figure out how to configure the router on such and old machine and set up WEP encryption! (I thought they were going to laugh at me and hang up on me.) So the blog can go on . . . and I won't come home to 100 emails on Monday! Thanks Belkin and Gordon!

No comments: