Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Ten Commandments

At bedtime, we use My First Book of Questions along with The Big Picture Story Bible for evening devotions.

Of late, we have been in the section on the ten commandments. I highly recommend this for children and for parents. Since we are reading and reviewing the same questions every night until she really gets them, it means that we are reading precisely the same words every day, and expositing them together. I have noticed myself not only memorizing the words of Exodus 20 as we read them together every night, but also growing in understanding and faith as I attempt to explain the commands in language that a 3 year old can readily understand.

I think that there a few disciplines as theologically and spiritually helpful as working hard to explain the great truths of the Bible for a 3 year old

No comments: