Thursday, March 01, 2007

Learning to tell time

Elisabeth now has a meaningful reason to learn to tell time: to know when she can get out of bed in the morning. We have told her that she is allowed to get out of bed at 7:00 AM. She can read an analog clock (to the hour and half hour), and can read the hour of a digital clock (although she can't yet read the double-digits to know the minutes past the hour), which I thought was sufficient.

We put a digital clock in her room so that she would be able to know when 7:00 had come and she was allowed to get out of bed. She's become quite good at reading the hour time, and knows whene 7 o'clock has come. Then this morning she wandered into our bedroom at 6:47 and said:

I looked at my clock for 7. I waited three times and it didn't come. I think it's broken.
All the more reason for Daddy to teach her to learn to read double digits!

No comments: