Thursday, January 11, 2007

How Kids Develop

I just discovered a great parenting resource: HowKidsDevelop.com

For some time I have been on the lookout for a good online resource of child development milestones. How Kids Develop does a great job of outlining the five major areas of development:
1. Cognitive
2. Social Emotional
3. Speech and Language
4. Fine Motor
5. Gross Motor

The site does a great job of identifying milestones in each developmental area for each time-frame of development (unlike most sites that lump them together, and only give 3-5 total milestones per time-frame).

I think they could offer more suggestions on how to prepare a child to meet each milestone, but I think their overall suggestions in "How can I help my child meet these developmental milestones?" are good basics for any parent.

How Kids Develop now appears in the sidebar under Parenting Resources!

No comments: