Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Defining modesty

I think that The Rebelution is a tremendous resource for teenagers. I strongly agree with their tagline: "a teenage rebellion against low expectations." I think there is strong evidence that Alex and Brett Harris are rebelling against low expectations in many ways. Peruse their site, and you'll find that its design, and their writing far exceed what you might expect of teenagers.

Recently, they have sponsored a Modesty Survey, in which I participated, and which has helped me to think about modesty.

Several questions occurred to me that I want to pose to you:

  • How do you define modesty?
  • How do you teach/impart modesty?
  • What are the differences between male and female modesty?
  • In what ways does modesty refer to more than being fully clothed?

No comments: