Monday, January 15, 2007

A good map

I have been realizing just how valuable a good map of Biblical geography is for helping kids (and me!) understand the Scriptures.

In addition, I've been realizing just how helpful diagrams are that show the times of the kings, prophets and books of history in parallel so that I get a better sense of the flow and sequence of things. (This is probably more helpful to older children than younger, but I think can be of great value in helping them see the big picture of salvation history.)

So I think I need to hunt down a good map of the ancient near east so that as we read we can look at the places of which we speak.

When we're close to the computer, there is a clever new resource called BibleMap.org that does a pretty good job. (It is new, and I'm sure that they'll improve it.)

HT: Justin Taylor

No comments: