Monday, September 18, 2006

Say something

Yesterday I went to a Save Darfur rally, expecting to learn how I could be active and influential in ending the crisis in Darfur. I was disappointed by all but one of the speakers. There was a lot of hype, but not much content - and very little that I had not already heard. (I was very disappointed by the spokesman from the National Council of Churches, who said he primary reason for the NCC's particpation was a sense of moral responsibility - not love for Jesus Christ.)

On something as critical as Darfur, there is much that can, and should be said, even by people who have no relationship with Christ. As the crisis is so great, it must be said well. At a rally like this, the critical thing is to enable participants to become advocates after the rally is over. I wish they had done that.

No comments: