Friday, May 25, 2007

Seeds of Purpose

I am always in the market for music that helps children (and their parents) to memorize Scripture. In that quest, several friends recommended Seeds, a line of children's music that is Scripture set to music, and is intentionally designed for family worship. We received Seeds of Purpose, one of their four CDs, and I have been impressed.

I'm happy to say that I find myself now singing Scripture. If I had to rate the musical quality on a scale from 1 to 10, it would probably get a 5 or 6, but that's probably because I'm a snob. Elisabeth really enjoys it, and I'm enjoying it more and more. More importantly, I think that it is going to become music that we can use for family worship - not just to listen to, but to worship together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Graham- I am your dad's secretary at Trinity and got connected to your blog through their Christmas letter. (We also attended high school in Fargo at the same time; I think I was a year behind you.) Thanks for your recommendation on Seeds! I have been looking for just this kind of Scripture memory music to use with our new son.

Graham said...

Hi Christine

Graham said...

Sorry, Elisabeth clicked the mouse before I could finish. :)

We just went on the Seeds site and found that you can stream parts of all the songs on all the albums to see which ones you like best. I hope you enjoy it!