Sunday, February 11, 2007

Bedtime expressions

Elisabeth tends to sleep better at home than on the road. That proved true again over the past couple of days. We visited Pop-pop and Grandma for a few days, and Elisabeth didn't exactly acclimate to the new sleeping arrangements. The first night she was awake from 4am - 5am, insisting that it was morning and time to see Aunt Kate (despite the room being pitch dark). So the following evening she was very tired and fell asleep on my lap at the dinner table. I (foolishly) thought that I would try to get her to use the potty. When I tried to set her down on the toilet, she wiggled out of my arms, curled up on the bathmat and said,

This is my bed!
I tried to pick her up to carry her to her bed, and she went limp to avoid being carried and said,
I want to sleep on the floor!
The commotion was such that when I finally did get her to her bed, she was so worked up that she couldn't go back to sleep - and stayed awake for about an hour before she crashed again.

Last night was her first night back home. She curled up in her bed, said,
This is the best bed in the world.
and the next moment was in dreamland. I'm inclined to agree with her, considering how much easier it makes bedtime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"This is the best bed in the whole world..." That's awesome! Karina and I feel the same way about being home!