Friday, August 18, 2006

That's where Kristalyn lives!

Yesterday Elisabeth and I were looking at the Pandas in National Geographic. As we did, Elisabeth pointed and said, "That's where Kristalyn lives!" I was a bit puzzled because all I saw on the page were pandas. Then I noticed a small outline map of China - not set in Asia, but just the outline of China. She pointed again (to the particular region where Kristalyn lives) and said, "That's where she lives!"
I had no idea that kids developed that kind of spatial awareness so early!

2 comments:

Karina Glaser said...

I loved the panda article in National Geographic. If you go to the following link http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/GiantPandas/default.cfm?cam=LP1, you can see a 24-hour live "PandaCam." It's great fun to see the interaction between Tai Shan (baby) and Mei Xiang (mother).

Graham said...

I'll have to check it out. I think Elisabeth will be fascinated!