Saturday, April 14, 2007

This looks like the old house

Yesterday Elisabeth and I went to help Pop-pop and Grandma move out of one house and into a new house. We took a train up to the old house, and I prepped Elisabeth by telling her that Grandma and Pop-pop were moving, and that we were going to help them.

Grandma picked us up at the train station and drove us to the old house where the move was already in process. Elisabeth and I went into a bedroom to take out the last few things from a closet. Elisabeth turned to me with a puzzled expression and said,

"This looks like the old house."
I guess that the absence of furniture made the house look different enough that it wasn't perfectly familiar - and so she thought that they were moving into a house very remarkably like the old one!

No comments: