Friday, May 05, 2006

Feed reader

My sister-in-law let me in on a clever way to know when there is new content on this blog (as she loves Elisabeth, and likes to know what's going on).

This blog produces a "feed" which is a way that browsers can read latest content in a syndicated form. If you copy and paste the atom feed (which can always be found on the sidebar to the right) into a feed reader, it will draw the latest content onto the page you chose. (I use feeds on my google homepage to keep on news, blogs and weather.)

For example, I use gmail for my email provider. Above my inbox, I receive my "feeds" from news sources, blogs and educational sources of my choice. To include this blog among those feeds, I simply go to Settings, Web Clips, and paste the atom feed (http://leavened.blogspot.com/atom.xml) into the box that says Search by topic or url:, click ok, and from then on, I will see the titles of recent posts in my feed reader.

If you use Google to search, you can add the feed to your search page by pasting the atom feed here.

No comments: