Friday, October 19, 2007

Here is Life

Eight years ago I had the privilege of volunteering with Here is Life in Aringa, Uganda.

View Larger Map

Last week we had a good friend, Elly Moses, from Here is Life stay with us, and I was reminded why I love those people, and why I believe so strongly in their work. Since they have not had a website to present, I put together a simple blog on blogger as a communication tool for them, and as a learning tool for those who are interested in their work. At present it is just a thumbnail sketch of the organization, but I anticipate it being well used.

Elly's stay with us reminded me of how significant missionary visits were to me in my childhood. I think the missionaries who stayed in our home, and the biographies of missionaries that my parents read to us continue to shape my view of the world, and my dreams of what God will do with me. I want to give Elisabeth the same privilege of knowing great missionaries.

No comments: