Friday, January 18, 2008

She doesn't like shots

Today Elisabeth went to the doctor for some immunizations. On the way to the doctor's office, Mommy explained that after their visit they would pick out a treat. Elisabeth quickly replied,

"Don't tell me that!"
Clearly she knew that treats were connected to the endurance of undesirable pricks in the doctor's office.

However, she kept up a brave face throughout the visit until the needles emerged. Then, crying after having received the first shot, she said through her tears:
"I'm crying because I didn't get to finish my painting in art today!"
Where does she come up with these?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It had been a year since Jonathan received any shots. But yesterday was his 2 year check up and he needed both shots and blood drawn. Amazingly during the shots he only looked up at me with pitiful eyes and said "ow". During the blood draw Dylan was holding him and I was holding his arm down and Jonathan just watched. I imagine the next time Katelyn gets shots she will react more like Elisabeth!