Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"I love you Daddy. You do good ponytails."

For almost my entire life as a father, I have been known by my daughter as the one who hurts her when putting in ponytails. In my opinion, I have dramatically improved over the span of her life. (I think I was really bad at it for the first year or so that she had enough hair to gather into pigtails, and then a ponytail.) However, I retained my distinction as the one who hurts her head.

So this morning I was shocked when Elisabeth came out of her room, climbed onto my lap on the couch and said,

"I love you Daddy. You do good ponytails."
That is a major milestone for me!

2 comments:

Karina Glaser said...

Nice work, Graham! Soon you will need to teach Dan your secret!

Graham said...

If your daughter's hair grows at the rate Elisabeth's did, he'll have a long time before he needs to put his skills to use!