Friday, September 21, 2007

Can we go for a run?

I love to run with Elisabeth in the running stroller. And while she is a great passenger, I am still usually the one convincing her to go for a run rather than vice versa.

Yesterday morning Elisabeth woke up and poked her head out of her bedroom door.
"Can we go for a run?" she asked. I had gotten up early to run that morning, for the first time in nearly two weeks, and was still dripping with sweat.
"I already went running this morning, sweetie," I explained.
"I'm still feeling tired, and I want to go for a run so I can rest," she returned.
Finally I convinced her that we didn't have time to run, eat, shower and dress before preschool, and she capitulated.

This morning, while I was out for a run, Rebecca said she heard a little sleepy [and apparently still asleep] voice come from the bedroom:

"Can we go for a run?"
I love it that she's even more ready to go than I am!

No comments: