Wednesday, March 26, 2008

That's the book I was looking for

I found a book of poetry in the "reading room" at our local public library, and immediately had to find out if they had the book in the lending collection. Favorite Poems Old and New is an anthology of excellent poetry for children that includes poems of Longfellow, Wordsworth, Keats, Kipling, Emerson, Eliot, and Dickenson among hundreds of others. After being so long frustrated with poorly written poetry for children, I was delighted to find an outstanding anthology of fun poetry!

2 comments:

Karina Glaser said...

Kaela received as a gift a book called "Poetry Speaks to Children" which is a great illustrated collection of children's poetry. It even passed approval by my father-in-law, the poet laureate of Maryland! Another good one is Joyful Noise: Poems for Two Voices by Paul Fleischman.

Graham said...

Thanks, Karina! I just put them both on my list to check out . . . so they can appear on tumblon!