Monday, August 27, 2007

What does "pray" mean?

Today we had a picnic with one of Elisabeth's friends. I asked her if she wanted to pray before we ate, or if she wanted me to pray. Her little friend turned and asked me,

"What does pray mean?"
His question was a powerful reminder to me that our lives provoke questions, and I need to be prepared to answer those really good and sincere questions in a way a 3 year old can understand - and even more importantly to be able to turn focus from a religious activity that people of many faiths do to the good news of Christ.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was cruising through blogs looking for similar ones to mine. I REALLY like yours, especially the layout and links you have down the side. I'm a Southern Baptist pastor, and love to share devotions. You might check my blog out (www.childogod@blogspot.com - entitled Just A Thot).

May the Lord bless you and use you to reach many for Him.

Graham said...

Thanks, Greg.

And amen to your prayer.